Sunday, September 24, 2017

First Day of School - 4th Grade

On September 5, 2017, Jocelyn headed back on the bus for her first day of 4th grade.  I can't believe how time flies!  We had the longest summer ever, 11 weeks!  And it still seemed to go by in a blink!



Jocelyn has two primary teachers this year.  Ms. Rachel Dorchak is her Homeroom, Math and Science teacher, and Ms. Helen Lee is her Language Arts and Social Studies teacher.  It's a bit of a change for her in the way her daily schedule is laid out, but she seems to be adjusting to it pretty well.  

So far, they haven't had any homework, so it's been a more relaxed transition in the evenings, but the homework starts tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes.  I've been assured it's not supposed to be as painful as in past years.  We shall see.


My beautiful girl is off into the big world again.  I manage to fill my days just fine with things to do around the house, and with volunteering at school and as Girl Scout Junior Leader this year.  It's hard to believe I have a 4th grader, but as always, I'm so proud of her!


No comments:

Post a Comment