Monday, January 30, 2012

Ballet

Jocelyn has regularly participated in classes offered through our Parks and Rec programs.  She has really loved them all.  In the fall, my baby will be starting preschool, so I decided to let Jocelyn try out some classes that are completely new to her.  One of them is a Science Class.  Last week was the first class and she learned about the different forms of water -- liquid, ice, steam.   When I went to pick her up, the kids were "ice skating" around the floor with paper plates under their shoes!  How fun!

The other class that Jocelyn is taking is her first Ballet class.  The first day, she was a little nervous and not sure what to expect, but I reassured her that she would have fun and I would be watching from the window.  (Every once in a while, she looked up to check and make sure I was still there :-)   So she went in a little nervous, but she had a great time!  She particularly likes the outfit.  I would have to agree!

 
















As of the second class, she has started to learn some of the ballet positions, and steps, but the class is about having fun, and the girls don't even realize they are learning in the process, so I won't tell her!     :-)

The pictures aren't great because they're taken through the window, but she's pretty cute anyway!
Since her sisters are already talking about summer camps, Jocelyn is asking about them too.  We might have to look into Ballet camp!

1 comment:

  1. She looks adorable in her leotard and tights! It's great that she loves the class.

    ReplyDelete