Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Mommy Volunteers!

I'm sure this comes as no surprise to anyone that I am volunteering at Jocelyn's school a bunch!

I am on the PTA, and have been since May (yes that's 3 months before she even started Kindergarten!), and I love it.  I have two jobs on the PTA.  I change out the PTA bulletin board at the front of the school.  It's the first thing everyone sees when they walk through the door!   For me it's like a giant scrapbook!

October's Bulletin Board

November's Bulletin Board

I'm also on the Teacher Appreciation Committee.  A few times a year we give luncheons, or gifts to the teachers.  It's a great way to meet the teachers and they appreciate it so much.
Jocelyn helped give out plates at the teacher luncheon

I've also been volunteering in Jocelyn's Technology Class on Thursday mornings.  Having 22 Kindergarteners trying to log in to their computers all at the same time is a challenge for one person to handle, let alone the two of us!!

Annndddd...  starting last week, I'm volunteering in Jocelyn's classroom once a week doing whatever the teacher needs help with.

And then of course, there was the Halloween Parade and Party, and the Farm field trip. 


So really, I'm sure you're not surprised!

I love being on the PTA.  It gives me something to work on with grownups, and I get to hear the school news often before other people do!

And I am so happy to be able to spend time with Jocelyn at school and she is so happy to see me each time I come in.  It's exactly like I had hoped it would be.  I get to share her day, and feel involved and spend time with her.  It's perfectly wonderful!!



No comments:

Post a Comment