Friday, December 27, 2013

Day Two in DC

Pat and Jocelyn were in DC Monday night into Tuesday, for the White House tour, but they headed home Tuesday night and I stayed another night at the Arlington, VA hotel so I could join Uncle Steve and Uncle Clayton for another day touring Washington DC.  I'm embarrassed to admit how little I have seen of it, even though we live so close.  After two days and very much walking, I can say I've rectified that problem just a bit!

We took the Capital tour on Wednesday.  It was a very interesting tour, a close second to the White House the day before.  Our tour guide was wonderful.  It's always great to meet someone that you can tell really likes what they do and finds the subject fascinating.   He made it all so much more interesting with his enthusiasm.





The Washington Monument from the front of the Capital Building


We also checked out Union Station, the Library of Congress, the Washington Monument and the Air and Space Museum.  Yes, all in one day!  It was a crazy amount of walking, and it was SOOO cold, but the company was wonderful and the experience was worth all of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment