Thursday, July 9, 2015

Last Day of 1st Grade

 Another school year has come and gone.  I can't believe Jocelyn is done with 1st grade.  Just like last year though, I'm not allowed to say I have a 2nd grader until the very first day of school in August.  That's ok, I'm intimidated by the thought anyway.

Our usual tradition of photos on the last day.  This day was a little sad because it's also our last day walking to the bus stop with our neighbors Memaw and Shawn.  Shawn is off to 6th grade.  We will miss them both.  We had a fun tradition in the mornings to see which one of us was ready first.  I still think Jocelyn needs to go knock on Memaw's door every morning just to do the countdown!!

So, my almost 2nd grader...   I couldn't be more proud of how far she has come this year.  Her reading has just sparked, especially in the last few months.  She reads to us every night and I'm amazed at how far she has come.  In May, her teacher Mrs. Rutan told me she had skipped completely over level L books and moved right onto level M.  Considering I think she started the year at level D?!  That's amazing!

Her favorite subject is Math.  I have to give credit to Daddy and his engineering brain for that.  The assessment testing put her in the 83 percentile for Math.  It clicks for her and I'm so glad.









So while my girl was off celebrating her last day of school with her friends, I joined some of my friends for breakfast.  This was a tough anniversary for one of them, so we got together to support her and each other in this milestone day.  
And when the kiddos got out of school we made our first trip to the pool for the summer.  Jocelyn is getting swimming lessons from a friend this summer and she's becoming a little fish.  I suspect we will be water logged for much of the summer.


Welcome summer break!  Welcome playdates and camps, swimming and fun days all ahead of us.  And don't tell her I said so, but I am so proud of my 2nd grader!

No comments:

Post a Comment