Tuesday, December 14, 2010

My thoughts on Christmas this year

Jocelyn is SO into Santa and his reindeer this year, and it made today's events so much fun!  We started the day meeting some friends for a visit with Santa at the mall.  We had some lunch with our friends and then came home and watched "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" on TV before nap (I recorded it on the DVR and we've watched it every day since).  Tonight, as our little town does every year, the fire engines roared through the streets, sirens blaring, bringing Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Every night before Jocelyn goes to sleep, we talk about our day.  Here's my sampling of tonight's bedtime conversation:
Me - "So what did we do today?"
J - "Santa was on the fire truck!"  "Where Santa go?"  "Santa go to see other kids?"
Me - "Yes, and what did we do this morning?"
J - "Play with friends" and "Santa in the chair!" 
Me - "What did you ask Santa for, for Christmas?
J - "A green present and a red present"
I'm not sure where this came from, but every conversation we've had about what Jocelyn wants for Christmas from Santa, she always asks for the same thing.  Of course, Santa will oblige.  

After we visited with Santa, at the mall, and then had lunch as I said, we had to go back one last time and say "goodbye" to Santa.  He was heading off, as he told us, to "feed the reindeer".
Jocelyn's next point in our bedtime conversation was "Reindeer go eat muffins!"  (If you have read the book "If you give a moose a muffin", you will know where this is coming from.  I think we'll be leaving muffins for the reindeer on Christmas Eve!)

So as you can see, Jocelyn had a very fun day, and she is getting very excited about Christmas.  But one quick side note.  Just in case you think Jocelyn might outgrow her inherited (from me of course) obsessive compulsiveness, don't count on it.  While we waited for some of our friends this morning, the "workshop" display around Santa began to "make" snow.  It was really only a fine mist of soapy foam bubbles.  Jocelyn was very disturbed about the mess and kept asking "who was going to clean up the big mess?".  Leave it to my Jocelyn to miss the bubbles and see only the mess!!

I have my suspicions our Christmas activities are not over, so stay tuned for more fun.  At the very least, I know Santa is coming back into the neighborhood, on the fire truck, Friday night.  In the meantime, I'd better check to make sure we have muffin mix!!

3 comments:

  1. But if you give Santa a muffin, won't he want some jam to go with it?!

    Glad J is having so much fun with all the Christmas preparations and events!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous you got Rudolph on the DVR, I missed the first 15 min when I remembered to record it! Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emk - I don't know what to do about the jam issue. I'll be in bed. He can raid the fridge if he wants!
    Emily - Come on over! You can watch it with us! I think she's watching it at least twice a day!

    ReplyDelete