Sunday, July 8, 2012

Kids and Chickens and Fireworks, Oh My!

So if you remember in February, I made a solitary trip to Connecticut, but I couldn't wait to bring Jocelyn back during the summer.  Well we made it last week, and it was just as much fun as I had hoped it would be.

Jocelyn got to feed the chickens and collect the eggs.














She loved playing in the pool with the kids!


And we got to pick blueberries at the local blueberry farm.












On July 4th, we went to visit with other members of Joye's family.  They have a big family bar-b-que every year and they end the day with their own fireworks.
Jocelyn did some more swimming, "played" crochet, played on the swingset, and had her first experience with fireworks.  





















 
I love these pictures of her with sparklers and watching the fireworks.  Now these were not your average fireworks!  This was easily the best fireworks display I have ever seen, and it was right above our heads!!   WOW!!













We had such a great trip and it was so much fun for both of us.  I hope we can do it again soon.   Thank you so much to my friend Joye.  It was great to spend so much time with her this trip, and it was so much fun for Jocelyn to have the kids to play with.
You know she had fun when she ended the trip looking like this!


1 comment:

  1. Awww! I'm glad you had fun! CT may be small but it's a great state! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete