Monday, October 1, 2012

Back to "Work"

Not even close!

Thursday was my first Co-op Mom "work-day", and it was anything but work!  I loved every minute of it and I can't wait to go back!  Jocelyn was pretty happy to have me there as well.

Thursday's are Discovery Days.  They split the 4's class into two groups, 1/2 in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon.  There is still 3 adults, so the ratio is very small and the kids get to work on special projects.  You saw the life size kid drawing, and after that they painted their own piggy banks and talked about money.  This past week, when I was there, the kids made their own frog puppets and put on puppet shows.  So much fun!

When us Mommies come in to be Co-op Parent, the kids get some special perks.  They get to be first in line.


And they get to check the weather for the day.


Here's the puppet show!


And of course there's time for fun!



















At the end of the afternoon, they played a game trying to guess which friend was speaking, just by the sound of their voices.  I'm pretty sure I couldn't do that!!


Overall, it was a great experience for me to see what preschool is like for Jocelyn.  It is amazing how much information Ms. Judy can work into just 2 and 1/2 hours every afternoon.  Jocelyn is learning so much!  I wish I could be there every day!  I can't wait for my turn to come around again, but in the meantime, there will also be a field trip to a farm and later in the month, there will be a Halloween Party.  Can't wait for those too!

No comments:

Post a Comment