Saturday, September 22, 2012

Two weeks...

Two weeks have gone by since that first day of Preschool and it's been an interesting ride.  Jocelyn seems to be having fun in class.  She likes riding bikes outside and she's making some new friends.  She loves the sand table, the painting easel, and the fun crafts.  Every day they do something fun and educational. 



So far she has created her name in pasta, and done a life-size picture of herself.  She made a piggy bank this week and they talked about money.  And she is already working on writing letters, especially her name.  I went in one day this week and found a writing sheet she had done that included her independently writing "J o c" on her paper.  It about brought me to tears again!!!  She hasn't really been willing to work on writing with me, so it was so exciting to see such progress in just two weeks! 

I brought out my preschool workbook this weekend to see what she would do and for the first time she actually showed some interest in it.  After a little cutting, coloring and pasting...




We ended up with this...  And just for kicks, I asked her if she would write her name on the sheet!


So what if it's "J o c", and so what if we ran out of room for that "c".  I'm just thrilled that Jocelyn is learning to write her name. 

The one problem we seem to be having is the adjustment period, at least I hope that's what we're going through right now, because we are in trouble if it's anything but short term!  Outside of school, Jocelyn has been really moody, quick to frustration, anger and tears, BIG TEARS!!!  I keep thinking she's tired, but she's not really having any trouble sleeping.   Preschool has brought big changes to her life.  They are good changes, but changes none the less.   I am hoping she can settle in soon!

It's going to be a mighty busy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment