Monday, September 10, 2012

The 1st Day has Come

She didn't see me cry. 

It took every bit of power I had in me, but she didn't see me cry...

My Beautiful Girl started her first day of Preschool today.  I am so proud of her.  She was ready and excited and ran right out to play as soon as we got there.  I had to hunt her down on the playground to say "Goodbye"!

And then I went back to my car and cried like a baby.

We took some pictures before we left.


Big hug from Dad
Getting her hair done











Looking Cool with my Shades and Care Bear Backpack!


With Mommy
 
With Daddy

 
Today is the First Day of Preschool.  It's not anything new for Jocelyn to go to a class without me, she's done it many times before, so she's just fine!
I'm the one with the problem.  I look at my baby going into school and I know that this is the first of many "Goodbyes" to come.  She's getting older and no matter how much I wish I could keep her to myself forever, I know I can't.  I know today wasn't just a "Goodbye" for this afternoon, it was a "Goodbye" to the days where I am the only one she will look to for help and support.  It is "Goodbye" to the days when I am the only one that can give her what she needs. 
I guess I just have to keep reminding myself that I'm still the first and I'm still #1 to her.
She sure is #1 to me. 
I love you Sweet Jocelyn!
 
 




1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it!! And, by the way, the last pic answered by question about where she's going! ;-) Hope it's a wonderful year!

    ReplyDelete