Sunday, December 16, 2012

With a Heavy Heart

As I sit here at the computer I only have to glance to the right to see the two most important people in my life snuggling together on the sofa.  And just behind me is our decorated Christmas Tree.  Christmas is just a little more than a week away, and though I can't help but be excited for Jocelyn and how fun this year will be for her, I also have a very heavy heart tonight thinking about the tragedy in Newtown, Connecticut.

Two days ago, a monster - what else would you call him - forced his way into Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed 20 babies, ages 6-7, and 6 of their dedicated teachers.  School shootings are horrific on their own, but this one just makes my heart ache.  Twenty families will not get to celebrate Christmas or Hannakah with their little ones this year like I will.  Twenty families can't hug their little ones like I can.  Twenty families will never see or talk to their little ones again.   Twenty families can no longer tell their little ones how much they are loved.  And countless other children have had their innocence taken away by the acts of one horrible person.

Because of this, I will hug my daughter a little tighter, and love her a little harder, if that's possible, and tomorrow when I drop her off at school, I will think of those parents that did the same on Friday morning, to never see their precious babies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment