Wednesday, March 5, 2014

What I've been up to!

I've made a number of quilts and considered myself to be a self-taught quilter, but after many amateur attempts at quilting, I finally got around to taking an actual quilting class.  When I walked into class the first day and saw the project we were going to work on, I thought for sure I was in the wrong class!!  I was completely intimidated by the pattern!

But the class was wonderful.  I learned so much about fabric color and quality, cutting fabric accurately, better sewing techniques, design layout, etc,.

And Ta-Da!!  Here is the finished top of my quilt!!


I'm still amazed that I managed to get it all done!  In 3 weeks we get to go back to learn how to "quilt" the 3 layers (top, batting and bottom fabric) together.  In the meantime, I'm resisting the urge to start something else! 

1 comment:

  1. Denise, your quilt is absolutely beautiful! It looks like such a difficult pattern You should be very proud of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete