Thursday, February 12, 2015

New Family Members!

For over a year, I tossed around the idea of getting a fish tank.  I had one many years ago in another life, and since we can't have other pets, due to allergies, the idea of it came up again.  I went back and forth on whether I really needed just one more thing to take care of, but over the holidays, I finally decided to do it!



I had forgotten after 20 years how to set up and maintain a fish tank, so I barraged the poor guy at the store with a million questions!  We decided on a 20 gallon tank which is plenty for us, but going smaller means more maintenance, so it's a good size.




After the initial set up, we got some Swordtails, a Cori cat, and some Rasbora, which are tiny schooling fish.  Then we were told to wait another month to make sure the bacteria levels don't go crazy before getting anymore fish.  Last weekend we went back for another Cori cat, and as you can see above right, the two of them are already buddies.  We also got these pretty fish below.  This is two out of the three Glo-fish that Jocelyn picked out.  They are really pretty bright colored fish.



In another month or two, we might finish our little fish family with the last couple additions, but over all, I'm really happy with the fish tank.  I'm so glad I finally decided to get it.  It's so relaxing to watch the fish swim around, and it hasn't been hard at all to care for.  So welcome to the family little guys!



No comments:

Post a Comment