Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Aunty's Here!

Right near the top of the list of Jocelyn's favorite people in the world is her Aunty. As I mentioned previously, my sister Lorraine is a working professional, a grown up adult with grown up adult responsibilities. But from day one, Jocelyn has had her Aunty wrapped around her little finger.
Pat and I are beyond grateful for her babysitting services. For us, it's about getting a couple hours of undemanded time together. For Aunty, it's about one on one time with her niece. Someone knocks on the door and Jocelyn yells "AUNTY'S HERE!!" Of course, it's not always Aunty, but you can't convince her of that!!
Aunty and Jocelyn do lots of fun things together. Going "out" in the wagon is a particular favorite. Jocelyn gets in the wagon, all settled in like a queen. They take along a ball, a drink and a snack, a bag for collecting trash (what a good example Aunty is!), and off they go for HOURS! No, I'm not kidding!! When they return, Jocelyn is usually wet and/or dirty, and happy as can be,(our only babysitting requirements are that Jocelyn is safe and happy, dirt is an added bonus!) and, much to her parents delight, she's usually ready for a nap!!
I know one of Aunty's favorite things is to travel with Jocelyn. Mommy, Aunty, and Jocelyn have traveled to NC to visit Pepere and Memere, and to Ocean City to visit Grammy. I'm sure there will be more trips to come.


I often think back on how Jocelyn's birth has changed my life, but my little angel has also been the light in many other lives, too. It's not enough to say how grateful I am for the loving relationship that my sister has with my daughter, I am also grateful for how she and I have become closer over the last couple of years. Thank you Aunty for sharing this journey with us. I love you, little sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment