Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The First Haircut

I've been tossing around the idea of taking Jocelyn for her first haircut.  She is now 2 1/2 years old, and finally has enough hair to even consider it!  The back is so curly, and had started to get knotty, but the top and front are still growing in.  I decided to not go with bangs.  I've always had them, but I want to see what Jocelyn's hair will do as it grows in, and I'm not ready to limit her to bangs. 
SOOO, the final decision was made to trim the back and let the front continue to grow out.  A good friend provided incentive in the form of playdough characters that "grow" playdough hair.  That was a big hit, and helped explain what we were doing.  Then, I got my own haircut so Jocelyn could see that it wasn't such a bit deal. 
Then it was her turn.  Unfortunately, I was too busy reassuring her to get more than this one photo of her in the chair, but I got the after photo, and of course, we saved the hair, what little there was! 
All in all, it was a successful event. Jocelyn handled it REALLY well, and I didn't cry! :-)


A bit of nerves
"All done haircuts"

Not much to show for such a big milestone!

1 comment: