Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My Top Ten of 2010

Now that Jocelyn's Top Ten is done, I am trying to come up with one of my own.   Why is it easier to come up with my daughter's top ten than my own?  Maybe because watching her live her top ten is almost more fun than anything I can come up with for me!   As with Jocelyn, my list is in no particular order, just as it came to my mind and my heart...

Stay at home life with Jocelyn - watching Jocelyn growing up and learning and experiencing new things every day brings pure joy in my life.  I couldn't imagine missing one minute of it.

Friends new and old - There are friendships in my life that go back many years, and there are ones that are new and special in just this last year.  There are friends that have been there for me through good times and bad, and friends that have shared this Mommy experience with me.  I wouldn't trade any of them for anything. 

Facebook - as much as I don't want to be addicted, I have found it a great tool to stay in touch with friends and family.

Jocelyn's hugs and kisses - doesn't really need explaining, except to say it's one of the things I treasure most!


Secretary position - After joining a local Mom's Club I was "encouraged" to join the board as secretary.  I have found I really like having the opportunity to use my adult brain, and it's made it possible to make some wonderful new friends.

Knitting and crafts - I always have a project going and there are not enough hours in a day to do all I want to do!  Here is my current project, a quilt made from some of Jocelyn's fleece baby blankets.


Date nights and time with hubby - despite how infrequent they are!
See Goals for 2011!

Traveling - Niagara Falls, visits with family, two weddings, it's been a busy year!


Day trips - to the Baltimore Zoo, Sesame Place, Baltimore Inner Harbor and Annapolis, Washington DC, the Butterfly Gardens, and many more.  We've had a lot of fun this year.


New holiday traditions - This was the first year Jocelyn really started understanding some of the fun traditions of the holidays.  Easter included an Easter Basket hunt through the house compliments of the Easter Bunny, dressing up for Halloween and trick or treating.  And we had so much fun with Christmas:  leaving cookies and milk for Santa and muffins, carrots and oats for the reindeer, visiting Santa and asking for and receiving a green present and a red present, and so much more.  I suspect 2011 will be only more exciting as Jocelyn understands more of the events.

So here it is, the 2010 Top Ten.  I'm looking forward to what the new year will bring.  It's hard to imagine it being more fun, but I'm ready to take it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment