Saturday, February 12, 2011

No... Not MY CHILD!

I swore my child would not be a TV addict, but it is a battle I fight daily.

If we have something to do that takes us out of the house, or we have friends over to distract her, then she is fine, but any time she has the slightest bit of down time, she wants TV.  Now that's not to say anytime she wants it, she gets it.  Ohhh Nooo!!  That's also not to say she gets to watch anything and everything.  She almost never gets to watch TV with her sisters because there's no way I want her watching the crap they watch, I don't think THEY should even be watching it, but that's not under my control.

Anyway...
On the flip side, Jocelyn is starting to get into actual movies with a plot, something more than a 13 minute Elmo's World clip.  She's also getting interested in some of my favorite Disney movies.  (I knew I had been collecting them all these years for something!)  Here are some of her current favorites.
Now if you are not familiar with Shaun the Sheep, it was created by the people that created Wallace and Gromit.  There's not much educational value, I have to admit, but it is good clean fun and entertaining for all ages.  I say that because not only does Jocelyn want to watch TV, but she wants to snuggle with me while she does. 
So, no, my child is not going to be one of those kids that watches TV 24 / 7, but when she has some down time and wants to snuggle, then I take every opportunity I can to do just that.

No comments:

Post a Comment