Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sooo Bigggggg!

On Tuesday afternoon, Jocelyn had her 3 year pediatrician appointment.  She was so unbelievably good through the whole appointment, and everything they did with her, including the shot!  The nurse measured her weight, height, blood pressure and temperature.  The doctor listened to her heart and lungs and checked her out from head to toe.  Jocelyn was unsure about what was going on, but she handled it beautifully.  It may have helped that I took her along for my checkup a couple weeks ago, so she had seen how I handled some of the same things.

Anyway, our little munchkin is certainly growing!
She is 35 inches tall, keeping her securely in the 10th percentile for height.  (Our child is doomed to be short)
But she has gained 7 pounds in the last year, jumping her up to the 30th percentile for weight!  (I knew she was getting heavy to carry around!)  This alleviates any concern I may have had for those days where she refuses to eat anything!

Last year Aunty gave me this really nice growth chart to keep track of our little one's height.  If you look closely, you can see her progress along the way.  At one month old, she wasn't even tall enough to make it on the chart.  (It starts at 20 inches and she was 16 1/2 inches when she was born!)

 But now you can see how she is making progress up the chart.  My little peanut is growing up!
I just hope she doesn't grow up too fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment