Thursday, April 21, 2011

The Flowering Tree

An Arborist I am not.  I can't tell you what kind of tree this is... 
Dogwood maybe?

I can't tell you why one year it flowers and the next year it goes straight to leaves, and then the next, it flowers again.
All I know is in 2009 and again this year, the flowers that bloomed are just too pretty to pass up for a photo op...   And of course, the inevitable comparison shots.

2009 with Daddy...
And in 2011
In 2009
2011...
2009 with Mommy...
And 2011...
2009...
2011...

And well...   she couldn't do this in 2009!  :-)

3 comments:

  1. That is a dogwood! Great pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thank you for clearing that up!! Now can you tell my why it only flowers every other year???

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the comparison pics! (and i know nothing about trees!)

    ReplyDelete