Sunday, July 31, 2011

3 and 1/2 and Other Random Stuff

Today is Jocelyn's 3 and 1/2 year old "Birthday" and we celebrated in our usual way!
Remember our buddy Gus?!








Laura, Gigi, Jocelyn,
 Lynette, and Mandy


It's been a really busy couple of weeks.  Jocelyn's camp ended on Thursday and she misses it already.  She really liked everything about camp, and her teachers and they LOVED her! 
Jocelyn held it together long enough to take this picture and then she started crying.  :-( 
I was so proud of her though.  She handled her time without me like a champ.  Each morning, I helped her get involved in some activities before I left, then we said our goodbyes and she was just fine.  When I saw some of the other kids so upset to see their parents leave, I knew how lucky I was.  She even handled it fine if she saw me in the hallway.  She would say "Hi" and give me a hug and go back to follow her class!  Wow!   I still notice that she is behind the other kids in some developmental areas.  She is still not as coordinated and confident with physical activities and (UGH!) she was the only kid in the class that is not potty trained!   I have been assured that she will be potty trained before college.  Let's hope so!

The latest favorite thing in our house is the "Cars" movie.  The whole family went to see "Cars 2" a few weeks ago, and none of us really liked it, but it has sparked a real interest in the original, which luckily, we have on video.  There's lots of "Cars" stuff out now, including books in the library, and Jocelyn has put in her order for a "Light-ing Queen" toy.   (I'm working on that!)  But in the meantime, our friend Colin gave us this great "Mater" toy.  We LOVE him!!  He says the funniest stuff! 


In a couple weeks, we will be traveling with Auntie, to North Carolina to visit Memere and Pepere, and we will get to meet up with Uncle Steve and Uncle Clayton, too!  They live in Georgia, and have planned to make the drive up to see us.  We can't wait! 
And the summer fun continues!

No comments:

Post a Comment