Monday, August 12, 2013

Hershey Park and Friends

Jocelyn and I spent last weekend in Lancaster and Hershey PA, with Aunty Joye, Uncle Don and all the kids.  We had such a great time!  As with every visit with them, there was not nearly enough time, but oh so much fun!!  And I must admit, exhausting!!  We shoved a lot into two days!

On Friday, Jocelyn and I drove to meet them in the morning at the hotel.  The weather was questionable for Hershey Park, so we decided to wait until Saturday for that, and instead had some other fun closer to the hotel and Lancaster.

We went Mini Golfing.



And rode on the Strasburg Railway.


Notice who snuck into their family photo!

We also tried out a maze.  (There's no photos of that because I was too busy trying to find my way out.)  And later, we got some yummy ice cream from an Amish Dairy Farm.

Saturday was the big day at Hershey Park.  We got there at 10:30 and left at 10:30... yes 12 hours later. Jocelyn and I are still recovering.  

Riding the rocket with Ben



Before we all headed home yesterday, we took our usual group photos.  Here are my favorites.

The kids

All of us!

The Girls

Me and my favorite girl

Me and Joye
Jocelyn and I were so sad to see them drive away yesterday.  It's hard when so much fun comes to an end.  As I always say, I really wish Joye and I lived closer to one another.  Once upon a time, that was all about OUR friendship.  We would love to live closer to one another so we could spend more time together.  But now, I feel that sadness for Jocelyn too.  She loves Joye's family, and of course, especially the kids.  I hope we can see them again soon, but I suspect the holidays will go by again before that will be possible.  
For now, we enjoy the newest special memories of them and our weekend together in Hershey PA.


No comments:

Post a Comment