Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Fun Continues!

Besides the Butterfly Garden, there has been so much going on this summer!  Non-stop fun!

Pat and I took a weekend away for the first time since Jocelyn was born.  Yes, I know she is 5 1/2, but I just wasn't ready (notice I didn't say Jocelyn wasn't ready!).

We spent the weekend in Lancaster PA.  I would live there if I could.  Besides the quiet and the corn fields, you can't beat the chance to travel through one of these.

Yes, that is us in the distance.  You can't be picky about
your photographer on a deserted back road in Amish Country!


Last week we got together with some of our friends from our first Mommy's Group.  We haven't seen most of them in a really long time.  The kids had a great time playing together, as if it hadn't been years (?) since they have been together!  And the Mommies really enjoyed catching up on each other's busy lives.


Today we went to the "Kindergarten Here We Come" event at the library and ran into some other friends from this group!


On July 31, Jocelyn officially turned 5 1/2, so here's the return of Gus!



Yes, I did mention Kindergarten in there somewhere, didn't I?  There's only 19 days before I put Jocelyn on that school bus for the first time.  Yes, I am counting down, but not because I can't wait for the day.  It's because I'm keeping track of how much time I have left.  The reminders are coming at me all the time now and I'm barely holding it together.  So that will be a post for another time.  For tonight we concentrate on the good times of summer and there are still more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment