Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Aunty and Friend

Last weekend my friend and Jocelyn's adopted Aunty Joye came for a visit.  Joye has been my friend since 1996!  When we met, she was married with no kids, and I was in the midst of a divorce.   We've each been through plenty of life transitions since then.  Now she has 5 kids, her LPN, and she is going for her RN, and after years as a stay at home mom, is working part time.  I went through many years single, working full time, eventually went to college and got my AA, got married and had a baby, and now I am the stay at home mom.  It's crazy to think how our lives have changed over the years, but she still remains my nearest and dearest friend.


Jocelyn had to check out Aunty Joye's shoes!

We always swear we won't stay up too late talking, but we did again this time!!  I'm exhausted!  But it was so wonderful to get to spend time with Joye shopping, talking, and reminiscing.  Don't know when we'll get together again, but I'll miss her!
Aunty was nice enough to take a picture of us while she was here too!

2 comments: