Thursday, September 23, 2010

Here comes Autumn!

Today is the first official day of Autumn.  As pretty as this time of year can be, I always dread it.  I hate it when the time changes and the days are shorter and the sun goes down SO early!!  We will soon be buried in mountains of leaves that need raking.   I hate to be cold, and after last winter, don't get me started on snow!!


But I'm mostly sorry to see this summer go for Jocelyn.  This was the first year that she really enjoyed the pool.





We had some really fun vacations with family in Indiana and Pennsylvania, and a great trip to Niagara Falls.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
And we LOVED our day trip to Sesame Place!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Jocelyn rode her first pony at Aunt Tina's house and another at the Howard County Fair.  She got her first haircut and made her first attempts at potty training.  We joined another Mom's Group and have met lots of new people.   Jocelyn started classes at My Gym and is learning what it's like to follow directions from someone other than Mommy.
We've had a busy and eventful summer, and in many ways, I'll be sorry to see it go.   However, if I look to the Fall and Winter to come, we really do have lots to look forward to.  Soon we'll go apple picking, and what fun that will be!  Then Halloween is coming and Uncle Scott and Aunty Rachel will be visiting us that weekend.  Maybe they'll even go Trick-or-Treating with us!  I'm sure Jocelyn will love "helping" to rake all those leaves.  Then there's Thanksgiving, Big Santa Time, and soon after, Jocelyn will be turning 3 (Oh My Gosh!) and having her first real Birthday Party. (I'm already brainstorming on how to make that loads of fun!)  So I suppose saying "goodbye" to summer isn't all bad. 
But I still don't want to talk about that snow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment