Thursday, June 17, 2010

Butterflies!

Today we joined some friends for a visit to the Brookside Gardens "Wings of Fancy" Butterfly exhibit. I had my hopes up that Jocelyn would be completely enthralled, however, she didn't want any breakfast, so between the hunger and the heat and humidity in the room, she didn't last as long as I had hoped, before meltdown. However, we still had a good time, and the butterflies were beautiful!!



You have to be careful where you step on the walkway, not to step on the butterflies. We found this one testing his fate on the path, and Jocelyn was very happy to have him all to herself to look at.
She was really good about not touching, and just watching.
All in all, it was a fun time. Once we left the Conservatory and got drinks and a picnic lunch, Jocelyn was herself again. I would love to try this again with her sometime. I think, as with other new activities, she would enjoy this even more the second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment