Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Clean Up and Clean Out

Anyone need some old Christmas tins, a VCR, clothes of all sizes, toys, books, and on, and on, and on??? Time for some house cleaning and tossing.
I was looking around the other day and thinking "there's way too much STUFF in this house that we just haven't touched since we moved in here 4 years ago!" So during a couple naps, and one quiet morning at home, I began to dig in. It's not that we are even close to those "Hoarders" they talk about on tv. We are just two people who combined two households when we married, and throw in 3 kids and voila - STUFF.
So far, I've been pretty productive. I've tackled most of the basement storage room, the laundry room, the dining room, the kids tv room (we call it the "front room"), and our walk in closet. I still have the rest of the basement storage shelves, my craft room, AKA dumping ground, (that one's gonna be a doozy!!) and the garage (which I refuse to do in 95 degree heat!!).
So, what am I doing now?? Blogging....
Ok! Purple Heart, VVA, Lupus Foundation, and anyone else who wants to do a pick up! Who's going to get to the donations first!!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic feeling! I do it once or twice a year, and I still feel like we have too much stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine trying to do this once or twice a year. I "keep up" most of the time, but going through the majority of the house is a lot of work!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete