Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day 2010



Today is Father's Day, and while every day of my life I am thankful for my Pat, today I have a chance to share why.

My husband and Jocelyn's father, is such a kind, generous, giving, supportive, loving man, and the most incredible example of that, is our daughter. When we met, in 2003, he already had two kids, but he knew I wanted to be a mother, and despite thinking he was done with babyhood, he was willing to give me the chance to drag him through it again.


We had no idea what we were in for... fertility treatments, pre-eclampsia and other pregnancy health scares, emergency c-section, and an 8-week preemie. That year and a half or so between pregnancy, the NICU, and the first months of Jocelyn's life, were a whirlwind we'll never forget.

Jocelyn is almost 2 1/2 now. We are hanging on for dear life through the terrible twos, but loving every minute of it. Pat, in his always giving way, has made it possible for me to stay home and share every moment of every day with our daughter. I love him for that, and so many other countless reasons.
Happy Father's Day to the most wonderful father, and husband in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment